Lenses, SLR Lenses, Lenses & Accessories
Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Lens
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/16
- One Ultra-Low Dispersion Lens Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- 1:1 to 5:1 Magnification, 9.4″ Min Focus
- Manual Focus Operation
- Three-Group Floating Element System
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- 6-Blade Diaphragm
- Compatible with Macro Ring or Twin Lites
12-20 Days Delivery
Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Overview
A specialty lens designed for extreme close-up imaging, the MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Photo from Canon lets you render subjects at up to five-times life-size magnification with a minimum focusing distance of 9.4″. Dedicated solely to macro applications, this lens’s unique design employs a floating elements system to maintain quality throughout the focusing range and one ultra-low dispersion element helps to control color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color accuracy. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast. This 65mm f/2.8 is strictly manual focus operation only and features a removable rotating tripod collar for improved stability when working atop a tripod. Additionally, the front of the lens is designed to accept an optional Macro Ring Lite or Macro Twin Lite for greater, more even illumination of close-up subjects.
- Short telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 104mm equivalent focal length.
- Specifically designed for macro photography, this lens has a 9.4″ minimum focusing distance along with a 1:1 to 5:1 magnification range for life-size or greater rendering. This lens does not offer infinity focus.
- Manual focus operation for precise control over focusing distance when working with close-up subjects.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- One ultra-low dispersion (UD) element greatly reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Six-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality when using shallow depth of field.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Front ring of the lens supports direct mounting of an optional Macro Twin Lite or Macro Ring Lite and the lens has electric contacts for full-support of the E-TTL II flash system and for relaying accurate focus distance information.
|Lens Format Coverage|
|Angle of View|
|Minimum Focus Distance|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio|
10 Elements in 8 Groups
Removable and Rotating
58 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)|
81 x 98 mm
In the Box
Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Photo Lens
E-58 II 58mm Lens Cap
Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
Detachable Tripod Collar
Be the first to review “Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Lens”