Lenses, Lenses & Accessories, Mirrorless Lenses
Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- Three Aspherical Elements
- ZEISS T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Linear Autofocus Motor; Internal Focus
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.6′
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
12-20 Days Delivery
Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Overview
Premier Portrait Prime
A perfect pairing for full-frame Sony E-mount cameras, the Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens offers excellent resolution and a bright f/1.8 aperture for photographers looking for a high-performing normal-length prime.
ZEISS Optical Design
- Based on the ZEISS Sonnar optical concept, this lens uses a design with seven elements in five groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/1.8 while simultaneously reducing flare and improving contrast.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture allows users to create images with shallow depth of field and work in low-light conditions with relative ease.
- Three aspherical elements, including two double-sided, are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques
Autofocus and Design
- Linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
|Lens Format Coverage||
|Angle of View||
|Minimum Focus Distance||
1.64' / 50 cm
7 Elements in 5 Groups
49 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)||
2.54 x 2.78" / 64.52 x 70.61 mm
9.91 oz / 281 g