A wide-angle prime that’s as compact as it is versatile, the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8, from Nikon, offers a comfortably broad field of view that suits a variety of applications, ranging from architecture to landscape to street subjects. The f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in available lighting and controlling depth of field and also contributes to a sleek and portable form factor.
In terms of handling, a dual stepping motor AF system offers quiet and smooth focusing performance that benefits both stills and video capture, and a programmable control ring can also be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
- Wide-angle prime lens is designed for FX-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras and can also be used with DX-format models, where it provides a 42mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in available lighting conditions and also contributes to the compact overall form factor.
- Two aspherical elements are featured in the optical design and help to limit spherical aberrations and distortion in order to achieve high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Integrated Coating suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Dual stepping motors deliver impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible, and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
Be the first to review “Nikon NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 Lens”