Ideal for close-up subjects, the Nikon F-mount Tokina atx-i 100mm f/2.8 FF Macro is a short telephoto macro lens, offering a life-size, 1:1 maximum magnification along with an 11.8″ minimum focusing distance. This lens uses a flat-field optical design to yield realistic rendering, void of field curvature, as well as high sharpness and clarity throughout the focusing range. A multilayered coating has also been applied to reduce lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and improved color fidelity. Complementing the optics, this lens features a One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism for fast changing between AF and MF settings, and a focus range limiter switch helps to achieve faster focusing performance at close-up distances.
- This short-telephoto prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 150mm equivalent focal length.
- True macro design affords a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with an 11.8″ minimum focusing distance to suit photographing close-up subjects.
- Flat-field optical design helps to greatly reduce field curvature in order to realize consistent, edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination throughout the aperture and focusing ranges.
- Multilayered coating helps to alleviate lens flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Autofocus system offers fast, precise focusing capabilities and a One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism avails quick switching between autofocus and manual focus settings by either pushing or pulling the focus ring. When set to manual, focus response is especially smooth and benefitted by hard stops at the ends of the focusing range.
- Equipped with a manual aperture ring based on the Ai standard to permit using this lens with a variety of Nikon F-mount cameras, including film cameras.
- Autofocus is not supported by DSLRs lacking an autofocus motor, such as the D3000-series, D5000-series, D40, D40X, and D60, where the lens may be used with manual focus only.
- Focus range limiter switch can lock the focusing range to a macro range for faster close-up focusing and to avoid unnecessary AF hunting.
- Extending lens barrel does not rotate in order to retain the ability to work with polarizing and graduated filter types.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Be the first to review “Tokina atx-i 100mm f/2.8 FF Macro Lens”