Warm Audio WA-87 R2 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone (Nickel)
- Cardioid, Omnidirectional, and Figure-8
- Higher Output Level over Original
- Better Frequency Response over Original
- Nickel-Plated Brass Body
2-4 Days Delivery
Warm Audio WA-87 R2 Overview:
Styled in a nickel finish, the WA-87 R2 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone from Warm Audio is the second, upgraded version of the mic that helped establish Warm Audio’s reputation in the pro-audio gear sphere.
The original WA-87 already brought the sound of a classic, vintage, and most importantly, expensive microphone to hard-working engineers on a budget. The WA-87 R2 upgrades many features to make it sound even better and even closer to the original. For instance, even more top-shelf components are used throughout, such as a NOS Fairchild transistor and film capacitors from Wima.
You’ll note an increased output level over the original as well as an improved frequency response across its 20 Hz to 20 kHz range. The latter is made possible by a new, rounded head-basket shape, which ensures the capsule has additional space in the housing, and accounts for the pleasing sonic signature, which is even closer to the sound of the original vintage mic. This mic can be used to capture audio in many environments, such as recording studios, live stage, and theaters. It is suitable for all sorts of instruments and offers three different polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8. The mic ships with a shockmount, a hard mount, and a wood box for storage.
New in the R2
- Rounded head-basket shape adds additional space around the capsule for a more pleasing sonic signature
- Microphone employs top-quality components like a NOS Fairchild transistor and high-bandwidth polystyrene and film capacitors from Wima
- Increased output level over previous version
- Improved frequency response over previous version