A compact normal-length prime designed for Nikon F-mount DSLRs, the YN 50mm f/1.8 Lens from Yongnuo pairs the classic 50mm focal length with a bright f/1.8 maximum aperture to suit working in a variety of situations. Multi-coated glass elements reduce the effects of lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and maintained color accuracy. An AF/MF switch on the lens barrel permits quick switching between focusing methods, and the lens can focus as closely as 1.5′ to suit photographing close-up subjects. While compact and lightweight in design, a metal bayonet lens mount ensures a secure, durable connection between the camera and lens and gold-plated contacts permit working with all exposure modes as well as transferring lens information to the EXIF data. A tried-and-true lens construction with design enhancements to benefit handling, this lens is an ideal walk-around lens for everyday shooting.
- Prime normal-length lens designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, this lens can also be used with DX-format DSLRs where it will provide a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture offers increased control over depth of field and also benefits working in a variety of lighting conditions.
- Multi-coated glass elements increase contrast and maintain color accuracy by reducing flare and ghosting.
- An AF/MF switch on the lens barrel allows you to select focusing methods, with either setting allowing you to focus as closely as 1.5′ away.
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth out-of-focus quality when working with selective focus techniques.
- Compact, lightweight design incorporates a metal bayonet lens mount for added durability.
- Gold-plated electronic contacts convey EXIF data between camera and lens and also permit working M, Av, Tv, and P shooting modes.